Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cranberry Fruit Leather

I tried making Cranberry Leather last weekend. And this morning I finally gave trying to get it dry. It just doesn't want to dry all the way. It's still slightly tacky on top.

I had 3 bags of frozen cranberries left over from last winter, so I decided to try making Cranberry Leather. I thought I'd follow the same procedure I used for my Rhubarb Leather.

But it just didn't turn out as well. Maybe I put too much sugar in it. Maybe I added to much water. I tried rolling it up this morning, even though it's still tacky, and it made a nice roll. But I'm not crazy about the flavor.

Hmmm, maybe I don't like cranberries as much as rhubarb. Ah well.

1 comment:

  1. I have successfully made it by cutting it with applesauce, if you havent made any applesauce this year, you can buy some or puree cooked apples. Cranberries on their own seem never to taste good, even though I love cranberries. This will also make it less tacky...

    ReplyDelete